We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated patent agents or patent lawyers with experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications to join our team to help cover short term absences and grow our boutique firm over the long term. Working with our firm will provide excellent opportunities for career advancement, with the potential, in time, to become a partner in a leading independent IP boutique firm if that is one of your career goals. The focus of this position will be on assisting our professionals in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in Canada and around the world as you continue to develop and grow your own practice as a successful IP professional.
Our firm has a diverse practice, and so we welcome applications from candidates with any technical background. Successful candidates will:
- be comfortable drafting and prosecuting applications relating to mechanical inventions;
- have at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in science or engineering;
- be registered Canadian patent agents;
- possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- have a keen attention to detail; and
- have a strong commitment to producing high quality technical work product appropriate for a leading IP boutique and commensurate with the expectations of our clients.
We are and intend to remain Western Canada’s largest independent intellectual property law firm. Our firm offers a collegial and entrepreneurial working environment, with strong back office systems and highly trained support staff to support your growing practice. We offer group benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with the successful candidates’ experience.
Please include a short cover letter, resume and undergraduate and law school transcripts. Further information about our firm is available at www.patentable.com.
Please submit applications in confidence to:
Director, Administration & Human Resources
OYEN WIGGS GREEN & MUTALA LLP
480 – The Station, 601 West Cordova Street Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6B 1G1
T: 604.669.3432 F: 604.681.4081