« Back to job listings
Job DescriptionOttawa, OntarioGowling WLG160 Elgin Street, Suite 26002otherpermanent
We are currently recruiting for an Intellectual Property Assistant (Patents). In this role you will work within a team environment, providing administrative support to the patent lawyers and agents.
- Reviewing and entering correspondence from CIPO, Foreign Patent Offices and Foreign Associates into the Intellectual Property in-house database.
- Processing and entering updates into the Intellectual Property in-house database i.e. file opening forms, client contacts, removing and entering deadlines.
- Opening, preparing and filing PCT applications to WIPO and Industrial Design and Canadian applications to CIPO.
- Preparing and forwarding correspondence to CIPO, clients and foreign associates using the Intellectual Property in-house database templates.
- Reviewing and taking action on daily diaries, including making updates, coordinating with CIPO, pulling the files and delivering them to the responsible professionals, as applicable.
- Coordinating and communicating updates with the Accounting department i.e. changing clients, processing foreign associate invoices and submitting disbursements.
- Resolving work-related matters in a professional and timely manner.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience.
- Canadian and Foreign Patent experience an asset.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong keyboard, dicta-typing skills and data entry skills.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.