You came up with a great name—something that will catch on and make your products or services stand out from the crowd. Capturing that spark of genius, however, and turning it into a success story requires a lot of hard work and planning. A registered trademark agent can be an invaluable source of help and guidance.
What can a trademark agent do for me?
Filing an application to register your trademark involves numerous judgment calls and legal determinations that call for an agent’s experience and training. A trademark agent will:
- Submit a strong initial application that can help avoid unnecessary costs and delays.
- Help you develop strategies to maximize the value of your trademark and ensure that the benefit of registering your trademark is realized.
Trademark registration procedures are complex. It is important to clear your right before spending time, effort and costs on an extensive marketing campaign featuring the mark. A trademark agent will
- Prevent you from making mistakes during the registration process that may not reveal themselves for some time down the road.
- Conduct the required searches to evaluate and assess whether the mark of interest is available to use and register in Canada.
- Help you develop international trademark rights.
- Help you to get the broadest protection possible.
Once the application has been filed, a trademark agent can
- Help you respond to enquiries and objections raised by the Trademarks Office or other parties.
- Advise you on the best strategies to protect your rights after registration.
Where can I find a trademark agent?
Click here to find a list of registered trademark agents.